Sit Down, Mr. Trump

As I said in my first post, I'm not one to ever talk about politics or share my opinions about what's going on in D.C. However, recently, if I scroll through my news feed on Facebook or turn on the news, the phrase "President Donald Trump said..." makes me stir my tea and take a big gulp as I prepare to find out what he's said.

Image result for president trump

Today, a transcript of a telephone call between President Trump and the Phillipines President was released stating that he was bragging about two submarines off of the coast of North Korea. I almost spit my sleepy time tea out as I wondered how Mr. Trump thought disclosing this information was the right thing to do especially since now the positions of those subs are compromised. Through his Twitter posts, since he has almost completely cut the media out of any correspondence with the general public, one can see that Trump does not quite know when to shut up. 


I will say that for the most part I am a conservative republican who brews my tea on the right side of things. However, I cannot understand why Mr. Trump's conscience or some part of his brain doesn't tell him to think your sentences through before you say them. I'm not saying Trump should abandon his idea of not being politically correct because one must understand that there is a line between respect and being politically correct. By saying that I mean, I understand the idea of feeling as if society has become a place where anything can be taken as offensive and we have to carefully tip toe through our days trying not to offend anyone. But, when an individual says something with the purpose of offending someone, that's downright disrespectful. As the President of the United States, it's best not to offend those with nukes because then we're both going up in flames.

Image result for president trump

In my honest opinion, most media outlets do not have much respect for Trump because he hasn't given the public much to respect. His speeches, twitter feed, and any interviews are incredibly arrogant and sometimes offensive. He does not serve as the helping hand but rather stirs the pot. I'm no political expert; I simply understand what I've observed from our president. I just wish that Mr. Trump would understand the importance of sitting down, shutting up, thinking things through, and most of all, listening.

Image result for gif of donald trump sitting down

That's my view on this subject, so let me take another sip of my sleepy time tea, let it steep, and share your thoughts with me. 

Comments

  1. Once again, I love your style of writing! Often times, I find myself sipping my coffee (not a tea person) on the edge of my seat waiting to see what Trump does or says next. I agree that he has not given the public or any news platforms a reason to treat him with respect. I am not sure why he feels the need to post every opinion or petty thought that runs through his head. It's honestly quite baffling. I think that his Twitter feed will definitely be an example of social media campaigning in the future. Cheers to what he'll say next!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Is Social Media News Dangerous?

Take a Sip and Let it Steep