Take a Sip and Let it Steep

I walk to the kitchen, fill a tea kettle with water, and set it on the stove to begin the boiling process. I grab a mug and have a bag of Earl Grey ready to submerge. As I wait for the kettle to beckon me back to its presence, I turn on my television to the evening news.

President Donald Trump has caused outrage from some and praise from others for his words at a Press Conference. Political riots and protests are occurring across the country. Congress is cutting funds from some program and giving endlessly to others. My mind is bombarded with constant outcries from opposing sides. From all of this noise, my tea kettle screams aloud for what my mind has accomplished internally.

I walk to the kitchen, pour my mug of Earl Grey, take a sip, and here I am.

Image result for teacup steaming gif

I am not an incredibly liberal, conservative, or political individual in general. However, like most others, I do formulate an opinion regarding issues of today but I don't necessarily express them. The media makes it incredibly difficult for one to formulate an opinion due to the bias present within networks. Fox is conservative, and everyone else is pretty much liberal, or so they say.

In a nation divided between left and right, liberal and conservative, one must learn the tips and tricks in order to understand both sides of an issue and create one's own opinion from there.

As I take another sip of Earl Grey that warms my soul and rejuvenates my mental state, I begin this blog. Much like a whistling kettle, each one of us wants to cry and scream out because of all of the arguing that occurs in our country, much like two parents who just need to get a divorce. To save you from this constant insanity, I welcome you with open arms and pour you a cup of tea so we can discuss what's REALLY going on in the world of mass media and politics today. Granted, I got the idea for this tea time from a prominent figure of Meme culture:

Image result for kermit the frog meme none of my business

As Kermit the Frog "throws shade" or states the truth, he follows with "but that's none of my business." I plan on keeping it real and speaking the truth on the subject of mass media and politics but I am here to tell you that it is my business, your business, and every American's business what is happening in this country. 



Therefore, I ask you to let it steep, sit back, relax, then take a sip.

Comments

  1. Interesting writing style haha. You have a reader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lexi,

    Enjoyed the introduction and look forward to your blogs. I will read them while I sip some tea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, your memes cracked me up. I look forward to reading more from you during the semester!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of best if not the best introduction for a blog that I have read. It is interesting and different while also being funny! I cannot wait to read more of what you write!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have really enjoyed your blog way to introduce it! Im right with you I have been sitting back and sipping my tea since last November

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Is Social Media News Dangerous?

Sit Down, Mr. Trump